Acupuncture is a completely safe and natural therapy that has been used successfully in China for thousands of years. Acupuncture is a system of healing that focuses on improving the overall well being of the patient and is therefore an effective way to treat a lot of conditions.
The Chinese believe that vital life energy known as “Qi” flows through a series of twenty four pathways and meridians in the body. Pain or disease is often caused by Qi not flowing properly throughout the body. Acupuncturists determine whether Qi is weak, stagnant or otherwise out of balance, which indicates the points to be stimulated.
By inserting sterile, fine and single-use needles into specific points along the meridians, acupuncture is able to unblock these blockages in Qi and blood, draining away excess pressure, and restores the balance that normally exists throughout the body.
Research into acupuncture shows that it has a balancing and regulating effect on various body systems, including the nervous and endocrine (hormones) systems. It activates the body’s control centers (such as thalamus) and influences the body’s bioelectric and magnetic fields.
Acupuncture can be used to:
- regulate and balance body, mind and spirit
- strengthen the body’s resistance to illnesses
- boost immune system function
- enhance and regulate the Qi (energy system)
- promote the transformation of internal environment of the human body
- restore blood, tissues, organs, and systems to normal physiological function
- prevent or delay the development of diseases or unhealthy conditions
- eliminate cause of disease
- relieve pains, remove stagnation and regulate circulation of Qi and blood in the meridians