Alternative to IVF
Chinese medicine practitioners can help with improving the reproductive organs’ function as well as improving the state of health of an individual or a couple in a holistic way. We focus on the individual or couples’ health by looking at their diet, exercise, how much rest they get and other aspects of their lifestyle.
The healthier the individuals are at conception, the healthier their egg and sperm will be, and thus producing better embryos and healthier babies. The process of pregnancy can be represented as a seed growing into a plant. Successful growth of the plant requires good soil (healthy uterus), a good seed (healthy sperm and egg) and a good environment (healthy body). Chinese medicine aims to improve the whole body environment, the “soil” and the “seed” in order to achieve a better outcome.
Chinese medicine may assist other infertility treatments such as IVF to improve fertility and pregnancy rates in several ways:
- Improves body constitution and restores body Qi (vital energy) and blood
- Modifies the internal environment of the reproductive organs
- Balances male and female endocrine systems including thyroid function
- Improves circulation of the reproductive systems
- Eliminates local infection and inflammation
- Promotes ovulation to produce better quality eggs
- Strengthens the corpus luteum to produce better hormones to support the embryo
- Improves the quality and quantity of sperm
- Increases IVF success rates
- Lessens the side effects of drugs used in IVF and other conventional treatment
- Relaxes the patient and decreases stress levels
- Helps patients achieve healthier body weights prior to conception
If you need to improve your natural conception or support through IVF please contact us.