What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is a non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of very thin disposable needles into the acupuncture points on the face. This superficial insertion will increase the local circulation to the face and stimulate collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sagging and dull skin caused by aging (not including other sources e.g. weight loss).
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to treat many conditions and illnesses. The effectiveness of acupuncture has been related to the manipulation of the energy points on the body to balance and to remove blockages in the meridians (channels of blood and energy), in order to achieve health and to prevent diseases.
Cosmetic acupuncture may benefit in the following ways:
- Moisturizes the skin by increasing circulation of blood and lymph to the face
- Improves muscle tone, firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Stimulates collagen production and improves hormonal balance to reduce acne
- Helps firm skin and reduce bags around the eyes and neck
- Helps eliminate fine wrinkles and soften deeper wrinkles
- Improves facial colour by increasing peripheral circulation
- Brightens the eyes and helps lift drooping eyelids
- Reduces stress evident on the face
- Slows the aging process from within leaves you feeling refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated.
How many sessions are required?
A course of treatment consists of 12 sessions. For best results patients should have 2 sessions a week for 4 weeks, 1 session a week for another 4 weeks. Maintenance treatments once a month can be very helpful in maintaining the benefits.
How long do I need for each session?
One hour for initial consultation and treatment. 30 minutes for each following treatment
Holistic treatments tailored for the individual
As a part of the initial consultation, the practitioners will assess your whole body. Any underlying or internal factors which negatively influence your facial appearance will be addressed. Lifestyle adjustments and beauty diets will be advised. During the whole course of treatment, the practitioners will not only focus on your face but also on your general well-being, such as hormone imbalance, stress, sleeping problems etc.